Ecoplan with Brooklet Farm Education is offering a 6 Weeks Land Restoration and Peacebuilding Course here at Brooklet Farm Education Centre, using the recently published Journal of Land Restoration book as the syllabus (http://store.elsevier.com/Land-Restoration/isbn-9780128012314/)
The 6 weeks course consists of:
– reading a chapter per week (6 chapter in 6 weeks)
– study group once per week to discuss the chapter’s key issues, strategies, and methods
– hands on ecological farming and land restoration activities (4 hours per day, 5 days per week)
– relationships between land management and peace, identify opportunities in your own context where land restoration management could reduce conflict, analyse case studies from the Land Restoration chapters including Tom Duncan’s chapter with Allan Savory ‘Regenerating Agriculture to Sustain Civilisation’ which covers Holistic Management & Planned Grazing, Permaculture, Keyline & Regrarian Design. Another key chapter is Tom Duncan’s case study of ‘Taranaki Farm – Towards Integrated Ecological Agriculture’
– 30 minutes quiet time per day and share journal reflections with the group
– twice per week beach activities and exercise including swimming, walking, running, surfing.
Large forum type workshops will be held weekly with land restoration practitioners, ecology experts, human security & migration experts, Women’s Peace Circles, young farmers, food activists and permaculture designers.
Above photo Copyright Ben Falloon, Tarnaki Farm.